Jewelry Care 101: Maintaining the Beauty of Your Love&Crafted Pieces

Jewelry, in its many forms, tells stories of love, commitment, and timeless elegance. Love&Crafted takes pride in crafting jewelry that embodies these sentiments, from the delicate Rose Box & Hug Necklace to the intricate pieces of the 925 Sterling Silver Fine Jewelry Collection. To ensure your cherished pieces retain their luster and allure, it's essential to learn the art of jewelry care. In this guide, we'll explore how to untangle a necklace, clean your jewelry at home, decode the meaning behind "925" on your pieces, and care for plated jewelry.

Photo: Princesse Ring

Untangling Beauty: How to Untangle a Necklace
Tangled necklaces are a common woe, but before you resort to frustration, try this method. Lay your knotted necklace on a flat surface. Insert two straight pins or needles into the knot, and gently work them apart. Patience is key, as abrupt tugging can cause damage. This technique works wonders for preserving the beauty of intricate pieces like the “I Love You” Necklace.

Photo: “I Love You” Necklace

Restoring Radiance: How to Clean Jewelry at Home
Jewelry often loses its brilliance due to daily wear, exposure to substances like lotion, perfume, or skin oils. A simple at-home cleaning method can restore its sparkle. Begin by mixing warm water with a few drops of mild dish soap in a bowl. Let your jewelry soak for a few minutes, then use a soft-bristle toothbrush to gently scrub away debris. Pay attention to details and intricate areas. Rinse under cool running water and pat dry with a lint-free cloth. This method is suitable for stainless steel jewelry such as Love Crafted's Hug Rings and Gold Hug Rings and the pieces in the 925 Fine Jewelry Collection.

Photo: Hug Ring

Caring for Plated Jewelry: What to Do and What to Avoid
Plated jewelry, including gold or silver plated pieces, requires particular care. To maintain its appearance, avoid exposing plated jewelry to harsh chemicals, such as those found in perfumes, lotions, or cleaning agents. Remove your plated jewelry before swimming or showering, as prolonged exposure to water can cause the plating to wear off. When cleaning, be gentle and use a soft, damp cloth without harsh chemicals or abrasive materials. Plated pieces, like Love&Crafted’s Knot Ring and Thick & Thin Ring, will continue to shine with proper care.

Photo: Knot Ring

Nurturing Eternal Beauty: Caring for an Eternal Rose
Preserved roses, like those featured in the Rose Box & Hug Necklace, are a symbol of eternal love. To maintain their beauty, keep them away from direct sunlight and humidity. Avoid touching the petals too often, as natural oils from your skin can affect their appearance. A gentle dusting with a soft brush is usually sufficient to keep them looking their best. With the right care, these eternal roses will continue to symbolize your lasting love.

Photo: Rose Box & Hug Necklace

Understanding "925": What Does it Mean on Jewelry
The mark "925" is often found on sterling silver jewelry, including pieces from Love&Crafted's 925 Fine Jewelry Collection. It signifies that the jewelry is made of 92.5% pure silver, with the remaining 7.5% usually composed of copper or other metals. Sterling silver is renowned for its quality and durability, making it an excellent choice for fine jewelry. Pieces like the La Sucette Ring or others from the 925 Fine Jewelry Collection benefit from this superior material, ensuring both lasting beauty and meaningful craftsmanship.

Photo: La Sucette Ring

Maintaining the beauty of your Love&Crafted jewelry is a simple but essential task. By following these care guidelines, you can ensure that your cherished pieces remain as stunning and meaningful as the day you received them, allowing you to continue sharing your love story through your jewelry for years to come.